The Editors are pleased to announce the launch of three new journal sections in BMC Veterinary Research.
-Anesthesiology and pain management
-Head and neck disorders
-Soft tissue surgery
In this blog, Editor, Dr. Hayley Henderson discusses her participation in a round table discussion during the LAVA-ESLAV-ECLAM conference on Reproducibility of Animal Studies, and expands on BMC Veterinary Research's commitment to improving the quality of animal research reporting.
Researchers from Washington State University have shown that bile farming affects bear long-term health and longevity, long after the termination of bile harvesting.
In the latest installment of our Autoimmune and Immune-mediated Skin Diseases of Animals collection, Dr. Heng Tham, Prof. Keith Linder and Prof. Thierry Olivry review the available evidence on vitiligo and uveodermatological syndrome in cats, dogs and horses.
A recent survey of 48 countries worldwide highlights the crucial need to secure funding and international support for implementing long-term control programmes against paratuberculosis.
Section Editor Jose Ceron shares his perspective on the study of acute phase proteins as biomarkers of inflammation and their application in veterinary medicine.
Latest Collections and Guidelines
Aims and scope
BMC Veterinary Research is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of veterinary science and medicine, including the epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical conditions of domestic, companion, farm and wild animals, as well as the biomedical processes that underlie their health.
- Sarah Gray, BMC
- Wolfgang Baeumer, Freie Universität Berlin
- Patrick Butaye, Ross University
- Jose J Ceron, University of Murcia
- Johannes Charlier, Kreavet
- Manfred Kietzmann, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
- Peter Leegwater, Utrecht University
- Cheryl London, The Ohio State University
- Matthew Parker, University of Portsmouth
- Louis Penning, Utrecht University
- Laura Rinaldi, University of Naples Federico II
- Rick Sanchez, Specialistische Dierenkliniek Utrecht
- Ayona Silva-Fletcher, Royal Veterinary College
- Michael Tildesley, University of Warwick
- Holger A Volk, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
- Lysa Pam Posner, North Carolina State University
- Joshua Stern, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
Epidemiology, welfare and policy
Microbiology and infectious diseases
Surgery and internal medicine
Pathology, physiology and cell biology
Click here to view the trending BMC Veterinary Research articles!