A recent survey of 48 countries worldwide highlights the crucial need to secure funding and international support for implementing long-term control programmes against paratuberculosis.
In the latest installment of our Critically Appraised Topics on Adverse Food Reactions series, Dr. Thierry Olivry and Prof. Ralf Mueller review the available evidence on the typical signs and signals of adverse food reactions in dogs and cats.
In our latest blog, Editor, Dr. Hayley Henderson discusses her participation in a round table discussion during the LAVA-ESLAV-ECLAM conference on Reproducibility of Animal Studies, and expands on BMC Veterinary Research's commitment to improving the quality of animal research reporting.
BMC Veterinary Research Section Editor, Prof. Holger Volk talks about his team's work at the Royal Veterinary College and their future project which investigates whether nutrition plays a role in the management of canine epilepsy. Please get in touch with us to learn more about this study and how pet owners can get involved.
Latest Collections and Guidelines
Aims and scope
BMC Veterinary Research is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of veterinary science and medicine, including the epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical conditions of domestic, companion, farm and wild animals, as well as the biomedical processes that underlie their health.
- Lingling Tian, BMC
- Wolfgang Baeumer, Freie Universität Berlin
- Patrick Butaye, Ross University
- Jose J Ceron, University of Murcia
- Johannes Charlier, Kreavet
- Manfred Kietzmann, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
- Peter Leegwater, Utrecht University
- Cheryl London, The Ohio State University
- Matthew Parker, University of Portsmouth
- Louis Penning, Utrecht University
- Laura Rinaldi, University of Naples Federico II
- Rick Sanchez, Specialistische Dierenkliniek Utrecht
- Ayona Silva-Fletcher, Royal Veterinary College
- Michael Tildesley, University of Warwick
- Holger A Volk, Royal Veterinary College
Epidemiology, welfare and policy
Microbiology and infectious diseases
Surgery and internal medicine
Pathology, physiology and cell biology
Click here to view the trending BMC Veterinary Research articles!