As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time. Thank you.
We are pleased to announce the launch of three new journal sections in BMC Veterinary Research.
- Anesthesiology and pain management
- Head and neck disorders
- Soft tissue surgery
In our recent blog, BMC Veterinary Research Section Editor, Johannes Charlier, and Theo De Waal, highlight the key themes from the Combatting Anthelmintic Resistance in Ruminants (COMBAR) 2019 meeting, which focused on sustainable helminth control.
Management of otitis externa with an led-illuminated gel appears beneficial in controlling this clinical condition, including signs of inflammation and local pain, bacterial growth, and increasing treatment compliance.
Read our highly accessed articles
Click here to view the trending BMC Veterinary Research articles!
Latest Collections and Guidelines
Aims and scope
BMC Veterinary Research is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of veterinary science and medicine, including the epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical conditions of domestic, companion, farm and wild animals, as well as the biomedical processes that underlie their health.
Epidemiology, welfare and policy
Microbiology and infectious diseases
Surgery and internal medicine
Pathology, physiology and cell biology
- Hayley Henderson, BMC
- Wolfgang Baeumer, Freie Universität Berlin
- Patrick Butaye, Ross University
- Jose J Ceron, University of Murcia
- Johannes Charlier, Kreavet
- Manfred Kietzmann, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
- Peter Leegwater, Utrecht University
- Cheryl London, The Ohio State University
- Matthew Parker, University of Portsmouth
- Louis Penning, Utrecht University
- Laura Rinaldi, University of Naples Federico II
- Rick Sanchez, Specialistische Dierenkliniek Utrecht
- Ayona Silva-Fletcher, Royal Veterinary College
- Michael Tildesley, University of Warwick
- Holger A Volk, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
- Lysa Pam Posner, North Carolina State University
- Joshua Stern, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
BMC Series blog
31 March 2020