Expanding the Associate Editor team
BMC Veterinary Research has expanded its scope to cover more of the veterinary and animal research disciplines. As part of our expansion, we are recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the disciplines below.
- Animal genetics
- Behaviour and psychology
- Clinical pathology, physiology and immunology
- Cell biology and stem cell research
- Epidemiology, public health and modelling
- Gastroenterology and nutrition
- Veterinary education
- Musculoskeletal disorders and orthopaedics
- Nephrology and urology
- Neurology and neuroscience
- Pharmacology and toxicology
BMC Veterinary Research scope and ethos
BMC Veterinary Research is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of veterinary science and medicine, including the epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical conditions of domestic, companion, farm and wild animals, as well as the biomedical processes that underlie their health.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Associate Editors should have a minimum of fifteen research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-review journals.
They should be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Associated Editors for BMC Veterinary Research can be described as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Veterinary Research within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Veterinary Research should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Veterinary Research, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.